Friday, November 7, 2014

Early Christmas Present

Opened up the locked metal storage shed only to find this baby in it. I needed one of these!

It didn't work at first so I went on the adventure of taking my first motor apart. Cleaned every part of it, put it back together but she still wouldn't start. This video online was a great help in teaching me about the engine:


So I went in search of a carburator repair kit, but alas, no luck. Ended up replacing the air filter, giving it new oil and gasoline, and replacing the spark plug. It then gave me a chug but still wouldn't start. So I ran across another video that mentioned spraying carburator and choke cleaner onto it. With a little luck that puppy powered right up and has been a reliable motor ever since!

No comments:

Post a Comment